Ready to Build a Career with Christa? Estimator (Rochester, NY)
The role of the Estimator is to prepare portions of estimates for one or more disciplines while maintaining customer satisfaction through quality, service, and value.
- Reviews specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Prepares estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope
- Maintains files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current/accurate information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, and price lists
- Supports other department personnel, as required. Duties may include preparing estimates in other disciplines.
- Previews design options and recommends the best solution based on cost, engineering quality, and availability of materials
- Monitors computer estimating databases and presents any proposed changes to the Chief Estimator
- Supports business development through community activities and service organizations
- Supports business development through customer service, lead generation, and/or presentations
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge of discipline, estimating techniques, and cost control is required
- Ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems
- Four-year engineering degree and three years’ experience in construction or design
- Two-year college degree and four years’ experience in construction or design
- Five years estimating, controls, and/or engineering experience
- Any other appropriate combination of knowledge and experience
- Chief Estimator
The salary is between $60K – $90K based on experience.