Ready to Build a Career with Christa? Pre-Construction Project Manager (Rochester, NY)
The role of the Preconstruction Manager is to provide leadership and support for Estimating and Preconstruction departments at Christa Construction, LLC, while maintaining customer satisfaction through quality, service, and value. The ideal Preconstruction Manager is an active self-starter who expresses a sense of urgency for their work. He or she should be a positive, confident, and passionate person capable of providing clients with quality customer service, coordinating with vendors, and communicating with internal team members. The Preconstruction Manager should be relationship driven and collaborative, able to take direction from supervisors, but also to delegate tasks to team members appropriately. Team members include owners, architects, contractors, vendors, and fellow employees. Reports to the Director of Pre-Construction Services.
• Achieving Customer Satisfaction by meeting or exceeding customer expectations while demonstrating Christa’s corporate philosophy of outstanding business ethics and principles.
• Managing, planning, organizing, coordinating and scheduling Preconstruction Activities between Client, Architects, Engineers, Municipalities, Consultants, AHJ’s, Utilities and stakeholders across multiple projects.
• Communication. It is the Preconstruction Managers responsibility to ensure that
information is disseminated efficiently and effectively throughout the project team.
• Circumventing/resolving problem areas while maintaining the design-development schedule and managing cost.
• Facilitating, coordinating and documenting design meetings, preparing and distributing meeting minutes and following up on deliverables.
• Conducting QA/QC and Constructability Reviews of design documents through various stages of the design.
• Monitoring design scope for changes affecting budget and/or schedule; identifying cause, advising project team for potential solutions.
• Leading value enhancement efforts as required to serve the client including development of items and lists, compiling ideas, and presenting information to the design team and
• Assisting the design team with programming and design development to achieve Construction Documents which are congruent with the customers budget and expectations.
• Developing Preliminary Construction Schedules thorough understanding of the client’s needs, the critical path on a project, sequence of construction, project phasing,
procurement timelines and various trade durations with input from the Operations Team.
• Assisting Estimating department with sub-mining, subcontractor procurement, and
descoping of bids.
• Ensuring that the turnover of a project from Preconstruction and Estimating to Operations is done properly with appropriate hand off meetings and all information is transferred to the
• Participating in presentation with potential clients, as required.
• Assisting in the development of owner contracts and contract exhibits.
• Assisting with procurement of subcontractors and suppliers as required or determined on a project by-project basis.
- Able to read and comprehend all Construction Documents.
- Understanding of the Design Build Process.
- Thorough understanding of contract and insurance documents.
- Technical understanding of all structural trades.
- Able to understand geotechnical, structural, and materials testing requirements and
- Knowledge of soil types and their properties along with the ability to read and comprehend a soils report.
Experienced in managing the installation of public utilities, understanding of the easement processes as well as timeframes for design and approval.
- Knowledge of Sediment and Erosion Control. SWPPP
- Technical understanding of site development trades.
- Technical understanding of all building envelope trades.
- Technical understanding of all mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection trades.
- Technical understanding of all finish trade work.
- Understanding of construction costs and estimates
- Technical understanding of fair housing and ADA codes.
- Experience managing, coordinating and obtaining Permits from Municipalities.
- Understanding of building codes and building envelope requirements.
Autonomy and Accountability
• Objectives and how the objectives are achieved will be defined either by the direct supervisor or by explicit procedures and rules. Situations not covered by rules or procedures are referred to supervisor. All assignments, including the performance of tasks and activities, are reviewed by supervisor in detail with the employee.
Measures of Performance
- Projects are managed effectively and efficiently
- Solicitation and procurement of new business
- Community involvement
- Owners’ and architects’ expectations are met or exceeded through feedback obtained
- Overall project success with special consideration to the schedule, project team, and profit
- Proper attendance, attire, professionalism, and overall attitude
Must have a minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in the construction business. The salary is between $75K and $120K based on experience.