Municipal Monroe County Water Authority East Water Supply
Monroe County Water Authority
O'Brien & Gere
Christa Construction served as the Construction Manager for the Monroe County Water Authority’s East Side Water Project. The four year, $130 million project included:
- One mile long, nine foot diameter intake tunnel beneath Lake Ontario
- Lake water pump station and screen building
- Three mile, 48 inch diameter raw water transmission main
- 50 million gallon-pre-day water treatment plant
- 13 miles of new finished water transmission and distribution mains
The project provides critical redundancy to the regions main supply of fresh water by providing a second major source of Lake Ontario Water for the Authority’s system.
Funding of the project included federal stimulus funds. Through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, the New York State Department of Health Awarded the Authority $17 million in grants and subsidies largely because the project was both shovel ready and followed energy efficient green practices.