Christa Construction is actively involved in environmental initiatives through our Passive House, Energy Star, and LEED® for Homes projects, at all levels.
Christa Construction is committed to going green and staying green with our sustainable practices. We are committed to lowering the carbon emissions of our projects through construction and operations. Over the years, we have successfully achieved various certification programs with Sustainable Comfort, Inc.
To date, we have 275 units designed to meet Passive House Standards, 560 units in LEED for Homes V4, 2,470 units in Energy Star Programs, and 450 units in Enterprise Green Communities.
Our featured accomplishments include:
- Baird Road Apartments, Perinton, NY: Serving as construction manager on this 76 unit project targeting Passive House Certification, awarded $1 Million award for low carbon development through NYSERDA Building of Excellence program including all electric design to eliminate fossil fuels, solar PV for net-zero energy use, construction efficiency through panelized assemblies, and battery storage for minimized grid impact.
- West Side Homes, Buffalo, NY: A scattered site project in Buffalo, the West Side Homes is a model for sustainable infill development, including multiple Passive House buildings, and various low carbon home designs achieving net-zero building designs in multiple building types including multifamily, townhomes, and duplex buildings.
- Eastman Reserve, Rochester, NY: This 187 unit project was designed to minimize fossil fuels through the use of electric VRF heating systems, and achieved Energy Star Homes V3.1 and Enterprise Green Communities Certification.
- CDS Monarch Commons, Cicero, NY: This all electric project in construction demonstrates cutting edge energy efficiency upgrades and eliminates fossil fuels through the use of efficient all electric systems to reduce carbon emissions.
- DePaul La Rosa Villas, LeRoy, NY: This 60 unit project achieved LEED for Homes Gold Certification and contributed to DePaul Properties being awarded the 2021 LEED for Homes Outstanding Developer award.
- DePaul Upper Falls Square, Rochester, NY: 150 Units certified to with 2 separate buildings completing Energy Star Homes V3.1 and Energy Star Multifamily High Rise Respectively
Contact us about how you can move towards a low carbon future through eliminating the use of fossil fuels while maintaining efficient energy efficient operations.