Careers Build a career with us.
We promote an environment of professional development and creative thinking that demonstrates our commitment to hiring and retaining the best people in the industry.
Focused on your growth and your impact in a progressive workplace supported by state-of-the-art technology. We're built on strong family values.
Our team comes first, it’s known through our multiple awards such as Greater Rochester Chamber Top 100 Companies and Rochester’s Top Workplaces. As an employer, we’re focused on your growth in the company. From leadership development programs, state-of-the-art technology and an open door policy to learn from each other, you own your personal growth and impact in the company as well as your career.
We are always looking for great people to become a part of our team. We offer great benefits to retain the talent that’s the best in the industry.
Christa Construction, an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, is currently accepting resumes for current and future career opportunities throughout New York State. We offer the following:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick Time and Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Healthy Work/Life balance
- Strong Community Service Practices
- Open Door Policy
- And more!
We’re always looking for for motivated, driven construction professionals to add to our team. If interested, please send in your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Positions We’re looking for motivated, driven construction professionals.
- Assist in the overall administrative and technical direction of specified projects. May have responsibility for specific aspects of construction (IE, concrete, masonry, subcontractor administration) and/or other departments (i.e. Purchasing, Cost Accounting) depending on size and scope of project, while maintaining customer satisfaction through quality, service and value.
- Utilization of this position dependent on size, scope and complexity of project. Incumbent is normally second in command on large, complex projects. Project responsibility specific to Project Manager.
- Employment based on a return of a satisfactory background check
- Supervise and direct overall project activities as assigned. Duties include planning and coordinating departmental activities with others; circumventing/resolving problem areas and ensuring all company/project policies, procedures, and standards are maintained.
- Create, update and monitor construction schedule using Microsoft Project
- Create and submit all project RFI’s
- Facilitate in the submittal process under the direction of the project manager
- Prepare and distribute all project meeting minutes
- Liaison with client, subcontractors and A/E to ensure construction activities support project schedule and various client requirements
- Represent company/project in meetings with client, subcontractors, and unions as required
- Assume total Project Supervisor responsibilities in Project Manager’s absence as needed
- Maintain all changes to project by posting drawings, updating Plangrid and creating as-built drawings
- Create closeout binders at end of project under the direction of the project manager
- Direct meetings with proper notes as required by the project
Autonomy and Accountability
- Objectives and how the objectives are achieved will be defined either by the direct supervisor or by explicit procedures and rules. Situations not covered by rules or procedures are referred to supervisor. All assignments, including the performance of tasks and activities, are reviewed by supervisor in detail with the employee.
Type of Technology, Equipment, Tool
- Contributes to client satisfaction and company profitability by supervising a building project under the direction of the Superintendent to ensure it is completed safely, on schedule, and meets the quality expectations of the customer and Christa Construction
- Employment based on the return of a satisfactory background check.
- Shares responsibility with the Superintendent for the safety of the job site ensuring that all subcontractors are adhering to safety procedures and using protective equipment when necessary and appropriate. Follows and sees that others follow all OSHA regulations and CHRISTA requirements. Utilizes the safety violation charity program when necessary.
- Visually inspects materials for damage and specifications as well as work being done; requires rework when necessary if work does not meet specification or is not of good quality.
- Track and Follow up with subcontractors Weekly Tool Box Talks
- Assists Superintendent with generation of project punch lists.
- Able to coordinate and track material deliveries from multiple vendors.
- Assists the Superintendent in managing the schedule on a daily basis to ensure it is maintained and the project moves along as scheduled; ensures materials, labor, equipment and job sites are ready when needed and contacts vendors and subcontractors to insure on time delivery of goods and services. Relays potential problems to the Superintendent early
- Reviews the master schedule with the Superintendent, highlighting changes or potential problems. Takes direction from the Superintendent to communicate the schedule to subcontractors.
- Able to create and track the 3-Week Schedule.
- Reviews specific drawings, specifications and submittals assigned by the Communicates changes or questions to the Superintendent.
- Maintains motivation of subcontractors and is aware of issues that may affect their support on the project and reports them to the
- Attends weekly meetings with the foreman of each trade to review safety, quality, schedule, delivery and clean up
- Provides timely and clear communication to subcontractors that expedite decision-making and helps job flow, including verbal and written
- Ensures all close-out requirements are completed or will be completed prior to leaving a project
- Follows through on the punch-list program established by the Superintendent and consolidate completed lists for the project close out package.
|Type of Technology, Equipment, Tool||Software Skill Level|
The following Job Description outlines the Christa Construction experience and skill set requirements for an individual holding the position of Project Superintendent.
Core responsibilities for a Superintendent:
- Jobsite Safety
- Schedule Management
- Daily Reporting
- Jobsite Communication and Coordination
- Entrepreneurial Spirit (Leading job with Authority)
- Delivering the project High Level of Quality
- Review and understand detailed construction drawings from all types of construction.
- Ensure the project is safe and all workers understand the importance of a safe project.
- Coordinate subcontractors throughout the overall project.
- Provide quality control measures by incorporating a QC plan.
- Represent the company values and maintain client relations.
- Take the lead on all field activities including job set up, temporary utilities, security, communication, permits, signage, job-posting requirements, safety and schedule.
- Maintain daily logs, reports and conduct weekly coordination meetings.
- Work productively and successfully with your project team members.
- Maintain a positive attitude and clean construction site.
- A degree from an accredited institution in related field and a minimum of five (5) years equivalent experience in a construction industry or equivalent combination of educations and experience, required. Experience is the latter.
- Work in all aspects of construction: Site, Concrete, Masonry, Steel, Wood framing, Drywall, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Fire protection and Asbestos abatement.
- Previously worked on housing, multifamily projects and familiar with construction types and code requirements as they relate to these projects.
- Familiar with email, scheduling and project management software.
- Familiar with construction projects, processes, methods, materials, tools, equipment required.
- Comprehension of design specifications, drawings and documents required.
- OSHA Safety, CPR, First Aid Certification preferred
- Team Oriented
- Results Oriented
- Problem Solving
Provide managerial leadership for Christa Construction, LLC, while maintaining customer satisfaction through quality, service and value. This position requires the individual to have the personal attributes to manage, direct, mentor and support employees through their daily work while demonstrating Christa’s corporate philosophy of outstanding business ethics and principles.
- Take control of a project and project team to make it a success for the owner, subcontractors and Christa Construction.
- Manage a single or multiple projects understanding all management, financial and field related responsibilities.
- Enforce Safety policies with subcontractors to ensure and develop a safe efficient working site.
- Utilize project management software to process contracts, change management and all other day to day activities to make a project successful.
- Create / update schedule using either Procore or Microsoft Project. Monitor and update project schedules.
- Responsible for cost management and subcontractor procurement. This includes the ability to write a detailed scope of work for multiple trades and negotiate with potential bidders.
- Effectively communicate with Architects, Subcontractors, Owners and municipalities as required to solve field and scope related issues.
Must have a minimum of five (5) years experience on commercial and residential projects valued at $2 million and up.Apply for this job