Careers Build a career with us.
We promote an environment of professional development and creative thinking that demonstrates our commitment to hiring and retaining the best people in the industry.
Focused on your growth and your impact in a progressive workplace supported by state-of-the-art technology. We're built on strong family values.
Our team comes first, it’s known through our multiple awards such as Greater Rochester Chamber Top 100 Companies and Rochester’s Top Workplaces. As an employer, we’re focused on your growth in the company. From leadership development programs, state-of-the-art technology and an open door policy to learn from each other, you own your personal growth and impact in the company as well as your career.
We are always looking for great people to become a part of our team. We offer great benefits to retain the talent that’s the best in the industry.
Christa Construction, an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, is currently accepting resumes for current and future career opportunities throughout New York State. We offer the following:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick Time and Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Healthy Work/Life balance
- Strong Community Service Practices
- Open Door Policy
- And more!
Current Positions We’re looking for motivated, driven construction professionals.
The following Job Description outlines the Christa Construction experience and skill set requirements for an individual holding the position of Project Superintendent.
Core responsibilities for a Superintendent:
- Jobsite Safety
- Schedule Management
- Daily Reporting
- Jobsite Communication and Coordination
- Entrepreneurial Spirit (Leading job with Authority)
- Delivering the project High Level of Quality
- Review and understand detailed construction drawings from all types of construction.
- Ensure the project is safe and all workers understand the importance of a safe project.
- Coordinate subcontractors throughout the overall project.
- Provide quality control measures by incorporating a QC plan.
- Represent the company values and maintain client relations.
- Take the lead on all field activities including job set up, temporary utilities, security, communication, permits, signage, job-posting requirements, safety and schedule.
- Maintain daily logs, reports and conduct weekly coordination meetings.
- Work productively and successfully with your project team members.
- Maintain a positive attitude and clean construction site.
- A degree from an accredited institution in related field and a minimum of five (5) years equivalent experience in a construction industry or equivalent combination of educations and experience, required. Experience is the latter.
- Work in all aspects of construction: Site, Concrete, Masonry, Steel, Wood framing, Drywall, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Fire protection and Asbestos abatement.
- Previously worked on housing, multifamily projects and familiar with construction types and code requirements as they relate to these projects.
- Familiar with email, scheduling and project management software.
- Familiar with construction projects, processes, methods, materials, tools, equipment required.
- Comprehension of design specifications, drawings and documents required.
- OSHA Safety, CPR, First Aid Certification preferred
- Team Oriented
- Results Oriented
- Problem Solving
Provide managerial leadership for Christa Construction, LLC, while maintaining customer satisfaction through quality, service and value. This position requires the individual to have the personal attributes to manage, direct, mentor and support employees through their daily work while demonstrating Christa’s corporate philosophy of outstanding business ethics and principles.
- Take control of a project and project team to make it a success for the owner, subcontractors and Christa Construction.
- Manage a single or multiple projects understanding all management, financial and field related responsibilities.
- Enforce Safety policies with subcontractors to ensure and develop a safe efficient working site.
- Utilize project management software to process contracts, change management and all other day to day activities to make a project successful.
- Create / update schedule using either Procore or Microsoft Project. Monitor and update project schedules.
- Responsible for cost management and subcontractor procurement. This includes the ability to write a detailed scope of work for multiple trades and negotiate with potential bidders.
- Effectively communicate with Architects, Subcontractors, Owners and municipalities as required to solve field and scope related issues.
Must have a minimum of five (5) years experience on commercial and residential projects valued at $2 million and up.Apply for this job